Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wow...

2 Peter 1:3 (MSG)- Everything that goes into a life of pleasing God has been miraculously given to us by getting to know, personally and intimately, the One who invited us to God. The best invitation ever received!

(AMP)-For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that [are requisite and suited] to life and godliness, through the [full, personal] knowledge of Him Who called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue).


I wrote this on someone's wall... about 5 seconds ago:

-----
Sometimes when Jon (my 2 yr old) is bad, instead of telling him "NO" i just tell him how that isn't how he really is... kinda "You don't really want to act like that, you are a good boy" kinda thing. When someone tells me what my true character looks like, I change. When someone tells me I shouldn't do something, I kinda go "duh" bc that's not helpful. It's like pointing at a broken tv and saying "that tv is broken"... duh, if you want to be useful, tell me what it looked like before it was broken and I'll let the expert (God) take it from there.

This is from your Character blog.

I also never connected God's character as in the moral and ethical quality that never changes or fails to the character that is in me. I think I still see myself as one who has to gain those qualities through life's trials instead of seeing them within me and letting them flow out. They are of God (as all good things are) :)

I wanted to write this and didn't think you'd mind :)
--------


Wow...

From bondage: I have to purify myself: out with the old in with the new
To Liberty: I have all things that pertain to life and liberty.

By the way, When I do that with Jon, he usually doesn't do it again or it is a less frequently done behavior then if i just say no which lasts... 10 seconds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment