Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Glorified Status Update

I have decided something. Blogging is like longer status updates :) It's always full of stuff people are learning! It's opinions and ideas that people can read about someone else. I was reading someone's blog and thought to myself, "hmmm, i don't think they even fully grasp what they are writing... they obviously don't get it" but then i realized, it's what their heart is learning! They may not exhibit what they say yet, but if they are encouraged, they will! Not, necessarily encouraged by people. But, then I started looking back on my own blogs. They are all a very difficult learning process I went through! Reading through the verses I blogged about was a long process that taught me that I can't learn from a man. Even if what they are teaching is right. If I do something because somebody else told me too, that's not following God! I don't work like that! I mean, my personality, my love languages, the aspects that make up ME, I shouldn't try to do that. I will always put up a person before God as an idol. Not on purpose, just because that's how I am made up. That's hard for me to accept because I grew up in church under the idea that there are people above me and I need to look up to them and do as they say because they are the elders or they are wiser. Yea, been there, done that, guess what happens, I make them idols. I do what they say, avoid the particular sin living "wisely" avoids, but God isn't even in the picture :) It's true! That's what I did/do to someone I look up to! Then I realized nobody should be on a pedestal... but you can't "look up" to someone if they aren't on a pedestal... But you know what nobody ever says, "I grew up drawing so close to God and letting Him direct everything I do... boy do I wish I had a person there between us!" hahaha! Of course not! One thing Jesus did when He died was ripped the veil! The veil that only a high priest could go behind, the only person who could go before God! So, why would He do that just to have someone else step in, in order for you can get closer to God? Now, everyone's wondering if I am bashing the institutional church aren't you? haha anyone who reads that and has an impure heart has already decided! I am 100% for a church described by the Bible! Teaching how to study the bible more effectively or having people who love you more then themselves help support you through a life filled with sin, yeah, that'd be awesome! I recently had a friend who knew he could sin (like he strongly wanted to) or not sin (but really really wish he had) and he didn't know what to do bc it wasn't something he could just let go of and he was falling apart because of it! I had a dream and he asked what it was about. All I told him was "If you don't do this particular sin, fine. If you do, God will be there to help you walk through your choice. He'll still love you completely." Imagine if instead of people looking at you and you can FEEL the disapproval radiating from them, they radiated love! The love of God! Maybe you wouldn't need to fill that place in you with sinfulness because that Godly love has completely drenched you and overflowed your cup! Yes, I believe a church like that where people care so much more about each other then ANYTHING else would be so wonderful! I know when I worship with other believers, it seems to take something regular and make it powerful! Make it supernaturally potent. I guess it's difficult to describe. So, this is my glorified status update! It is what I am learning as I try to unlearn ungodly ideas picked up along my 27 years. This is my story so far. A person with true compassion doesn't see the prostitute and think she must love sex, they see the prostitute and understand it's the result of something else. A lack somewhere else, and loves her, not waiting for her to stop her actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment